There is a wide range of pool finishes available on the marketplace these days from standard plaster to glass beads. The investment varies greatly where the higher quality pool finishes can cost 3 or 4 times more. Spending more is not only for a different look, it also relates to higher quality and longer longevity of the finish. Sometimes what appears to be a good deal, doesn’t work out over time if you have to replace your pool finishes 2 or 3 times over the years.
Pool Finish Budget
Pools or spas that are used a great deal (parties, children, grandchildren!) will need more chemicals to maintain water chemistry and cleanliness. More chemicals is harder on pool finishes shortening the life. Make this part of your consideration – the more usage, the more you may want to consider finishes like Quartz or Pebble Tec since these are superior finishes to stand up against pool chemicals and will last longer.
How Long Does a Pool Finish Last
Unless money is no object, you will probably not want to invest more than is reasonable depending on how long you plan to be in your home. If you plan to sell within 5 years, for example, you may want to consider plaster. More than 15 years, you will want a finish that will last longer so you don’t have to re-invest by replastering.
Beauty & Design
Your choice of pool finish, as well as other selections such as tile and coping, should be planned for utility as well as the look. Imagine what you want to see looking out the kitchen window or your living room – a backyard can be designed to be a work of art from every angle, including outside sitting in a lounge chair as well as inside the home. Design should include such things as focal point, breaking the yard into “rooms” as well as color and finish.
Pool Finish Selector
Try out our Pool Finish Selector. You will see actual pool photos of pools in the Pool Water Color, Finish Type and Finish Color you choose.
Pool Finishes to Match Your Design & Budget
The traditional white cement mixed with crushed marble, finished by trowel to a hard pool finish. For years this has been the favorite pool finish of pool builders and remodelers. Limited five year bonding warranty… can last up to 10 years with proper start-up, maintenance and chemical balance. The weak link in this finish is the crushed marble which is a soft mineral. That is why it will not last as long as other available finishes. Considerations might be budget as well as how long you expect to remain in the home.
Hydrazzo® was the first polished finish in the industry, and has set the premium standard in pool finish innovation. A silky smooth texture, combined with the proven durability of exposed aggregates, are two prime features of this state-of-the-art pool finish.
With unique color selections and natural variegated appearance, Aquavations Hydrazzo complements all poolscape designs. This polished pool surface creates a finish that is naturally resistant to spot etching, topical stains, permanent scale and algae adhesion.
An exposed aggregate finish, developed in Australia and brought to the United States in 1987 by Pebble Technology, Inc. Gardner is the only authorized PebbleTec applicator in San Diego County. We participate in the Pebble Technology, Inc. ongoing training program, as well as their ongoing research and development to make PebbleTec the best pool finish available. Limited 5 year bonding warranty, could last 20 to 25 years.
Please click on Pebble Fina, Pebble Sheen and Pebble Tec to explore these many finishes.
PebbleFina® pool finish incorporates the ancient Greek and Roman use of pozzolans into the cement mixture, providing strength and durability for a longer-lasting finish with increased density that resists etching.
- Most colors contain small seashell pieces to further enhance the beauty of the pool interior while adding brilliant sparkle to the water.
- As with PebbleTec® and PebbleSheen® pool finishes, only skilled installers licensed by Pebble Technology, Inc, can apply a PebbleFina® brand pool finish.
A PebbleFina® pool finish will maintain its smooth texture and inviting appearance much longer than traditional plaster.
PebbleSheen® brand pool finish provides the natural beauty and durability of the original PebbleTec® pool finish, along with a sophisticated refined elegance. A colorful mosaic of tiny pebbles is tightly fused together and then lightly buffed to create a luxurious pool surface that is not only beautifully elegant, but also incredibly strong and stain resistant. PebbleSheen pool interiors offer a more finely textured feel and have the look of rich granite. It’s a pool surface that presents the flexible style you need to design a swimming pool that truly reflects your lifestyle.
- Available in 16 distinctively brilliant colors, some incorporated with small seashell pieces to add glitter and sparkle to the finish.
- Utilizing the same proven technology and experience as PebbleTec pool finishes, only with smaller pebbles.
- As with PebbleTec and PebbleFina® pool finishes, only skilled installers licensed by Pebble Technology, Inc., can apply a PebbleSheen brand pool finish.
- Taking swimming pool design to new levels of graceful style and art.
PebbleTec® brand pool finish is the original pebble pool finish and still delivers the enduring natural elegance and durability that combines beauty with exceptional value. Available in 18 attractive colors, our original PebbleTec pool interior is the perfect choice for individuals desiring a more natural look for their pools, spas or water features.
- Created with pebbles from around the world that are selected for their color and beauty. All pebbles are mined from the ocean or streams and are therefore naturally tumbled.
- This stain-resistant surface has a natural, non-slip texture that continues to set the industry standard for excellence.
- With a PebbleTec pool finish you receive a dependable, low-maintenance aggregate interior finish.
- You are installing the very best – backed by a company renowned for its reputation and customer satisfaction.
- As with PebbleSheen® and PebbleFina® pool finishes, only skilled installers licensed by Pebble Technology, Inc., can apply a PebbleTec brand pool finish.
- A PebbleTec pool finish offers a unique, flexible design that will perfectly blend with landscaping and water features.
Enduring natural elegance. Experience a spectrum of colors as the sunlight plays on the water throughout the day.